New minivan day 1, Fifi the cat died.

by Chris on July 25, 2009

Today was an exhausting day. We forgot to order Kaye’s prescription renewal today, so she’ll be going on two days without her meds. We need to get that done first thing in the morning. She turns 14 today (YIKES!) and we’re hosting a birthday party at Chucky Cheeses for her, family and friends tomorrow afternoon.

Gayle and I both felt very short with each other all day it seemed, being overly sensitive about whatever we both did. I don’t know why either. Maybe it’s because she didn’t take her antid-depressant last night, but I don’t want to just write it off as her fault. I may be tired and grumpy, although I don’t really feel that way. Hopefully things will go more smoothly tomorrow!

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SE

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SE

Last night Gayle and I got to go to the Keg in Kirkland and drove home with my new(ish) 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. I really like the way the seats fold into the interior, and feel good about the purchase. Now if I can just sell one or both of our expensive vehicles! Time will tell, as the priority is still to pay off credit debt via settling, and I need to get to work on that ASAP, maybe a little on Saturday even.

Gayle and I went out shopping this afternoon and I picked up some sunshades and a portable bed setup for the van, which I’ll be sleeping starting on Monday two or three nights a week while I work at Microsoft. It was fun for me and maybe boring for her lol. She did get a bag of candy, starbucks coffee, taco time, taco bell, five new tank tops, and a few other little items during the day, so it wasn’t all that bad for her lol.

I also got my haircut with Michael today, who did a great job for the stylist. We got home from haircuts and shopping, around 10:30pm I think.  A little while later I heard Faith screaming something from upstairs. Soon after I found out it was that Fifi, our two yr old black Persian cat was dead, that Michael had locked her up in a hard plastic back-pack. The poor thing must have overheated, panicked, and suffocated on her own vomit. She deserved so much better than that! Faith had opened the pack to find Fifi there, and was of course quite horrified. It didn’t take long for the entire house to break into wailing and screaming, including Gayle. I did my best to comfort everyone, shield any blaming or hurtful words from being sent in Michael or anyone elses direction, and took care of Fifi’s lifeless body. It took a good hour or two of crying before the kids finally settled down and went to sleep. Gayle came in a couple times and thanked me for taking care of everyone. She really loved that cat, who has been there for her through the entire last separation. She was a pretty, TROUBLE-FREE, fun cat to own, and even though I’m not much of a cat lover, I will miss her dearly.

Gayle is worried about Faith now, who keeps having flashbacks of finding Fifi dead, and is working on trying to find a new kitten to bring home. Not to replace Fifi, but to help Faith focus her love and energy in a positive direction.

Pepper had a couple accidents today, one of them during the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Fifi. I suspect he was panicking too, and nobody was watching him during the horror.

Well, that’s about it for tonight! 🙂

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: